For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Florida Transportation Bonds, Amendment 1 (1920)
|Florida Amendment 1 (1920)|
Election results via: Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1919-1920)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
|“||PROPOSED Constitutional Amendment.
Section 6. The Legislature shall have power to provide for issuing State bonds only for the purpose of repelling invasion or suppressing insurrection, or for the purpose of redeeming or refunding bonds already issued at a lower rate of interest, or for the purpose of acquiring, building and maintaining a system of good roads and bridges throughout this state under such regulations as may be prescribed by An Act of the Legislature; provided, that any bond issues authorized in pursuance hereof for a system of good roads and bridges shall not exceed in amount five (5) per cent of the total tax assessment of the State at the time of issue.
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot by House Joint Resolution 279 of 1919.
- The amendment was approved for the ballot on June 7, 1919.
- Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1919-1920)
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-2-20
- Sample Ballot (in The Evening Independent, November 1, 1920)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-2-20"
- The Evening Independent, "Probable Ballot Election, Nov. 2," November 1, 1920
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |