Georgia State Senate, District 25
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2010
Griffin was unopposed in the July 20 primary.
|Georgia State Senate, District 25 - Democratic Primary (2010)|
On his campaign website, Griffin lists seven steps which compose his platform. They are:
- 1. "I will work with the new administration (Governor) to establish a communication system designed to keep local legislators apprised of events which might adversely affect the economy of our regions."
- 2. "Introduce legislation requiring formal reports to legislators specific to Central State Hospital and how programs might impact mental health and rehabilitation programs."
- 3. "Introduce legislation to require official advance notice of any State facility action such as privatization, closure, or realignment. Also thwas act would require an economic impact study to be completed and provided to local communities affected and to the legislature for approval before these changes could take place."
- 4. "Legislation to require that the next Youth Development Campus be built in Baldwin County."
- 5. "Work to re-establish a more stable priority for education funding. Work to restore education funding which has been reduced to dangerous levels during these last few years."
- 6. "Work with the new administration to vigorously promote revitalization of private industry development in our area to bring more job opportunities."
- 7. "I will always be accessible to my constituents. We will return their phone calls and respond to their concerns. I will have a district office where citizens of the 25th District can come to visit and discuss their issues with me."
- Georgia Department of Elections list of state senate candidates
- July 20, 2010 Georgia Senate primary results
- Floyd Griffin campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile of Floyd Griffin