Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Montana House of Representatives, District 33|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Hopstad completed a questionnaire by the Great Falls Tribune. In his response, he voiced support for the use of oil and gas revenues to pay for education, the passage of a law regulating drivers' cellular phone use, and increased contributions by public employees to pension plans. He expressed opposition to eliminating the death penalty, the reestablishment of bison in Montana and the use of money from the Treasure State Endowment to increased the state General Fund.
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014. Floyd Hopstad is unopposed in the Democratic primary. District 35 incumbent Mike Lang is unopposed in the Republican primary. Incumbent Kris Hansen (R) is running for District 14 of the Montana State Senate.
Hopstad ran in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 35. Hopstad ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and was defeated by Mike L. Lang (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 35, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Floyd + Hopstad + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Great Falls Tribune, "House District 35: Hopstad squares off against Lang," October 5, 2012
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed April 9, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |