Frances Ann Hurley
|Frances Ann Hurley|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 35|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Mother McAuley Liberal Arts High School (1978)|
|Bachelor's||Saint Xavier University|
|Place of birth||March 27, 1960|
|Profession||Full-time state legislator|
Hurley earned her B.S. in Criminal Justice from Saint Xavier University. Her professional experience includes being the former aide to Aldermans Ginger Rugai and Matthew O’Shea.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hurley served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations-General Service|
|• Cities & Villages|
|• Health Care Licenses|
|• Transportation: Regulation, Roads & Bridges|
Hurley's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Providing Tax Relief
- Excerpt: "Last year, the State of Illinois balanced its budget using a massive, temporary tax increase on individuals and businesses. With so many families struggling to make ends meet, this was an irresponsible time to impose any additional burden on the taxpayers."
- Business Development & Job Creation
- Excerpt: "Attracting new businesses and creating jobs should be a top priority for all levels of Government."
- Fiscal Responsibility Starts in Springfield
- Excerpt: "Across the country, families everywhere are tightening their belts. Our elected officials should lead by example and share the burden of our financial crisis."
- Reforming the Budget Process
- Excerpt: "State Government must operate within its means."
- Restoring Trust in Government
- Excerpt: "As an Illinois taxpayer, I am fed up and sick of self-serving politicians who have repeatedly abused our trust and misused our tax dollars."
- Strengthening Our Schools
- Excerpt: "As a mother of three children, I understand the important role that schools play in any community. If elected, I will do everything in my power to ensure that the State properly funds education."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Frances Ann Hurley ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Victor C. Horne ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Hurley and Horne will face off in the general election.
Hurley won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 35. Hurley defeated Anthony R. Martin and Andrew Byrne Hodorowicz in the March 20 Democratic primary, and defeated Ricardo Fernandez (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 35, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Frances Ann Hurley||68.3%||34,590|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 35 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Frances Ann Hurley||53.5%||6,782|
|Anthony R. Martin||31.7%||4,024|
|Andrew Byrne Hodorowicz||14.8%||1,872|
Comprehensive donor information for Hurley is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Hurley raised a total of $239,401 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 19, 2013.
|Frances Ann Hurley's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 35||$239,401|
|Grand Total Raised||$239,401|
2012Hurley won election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Hurley raised a total of $239,401.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Frances Ann Hurley's campaign in 2012|
|Illinois Democratic Party||$60,624|
|Democratic Party of Illinois||$20,229|
|Oshea Friends of Matt||$18,000|
|Construction &General Laborers District Council oOf Chicago & Vicinity||$10,000|
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 881||$7,113|
|Total Raised in 2012||$239,401|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Hurley has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Frances + Ann + Hurley + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Illinois State Legislature
- Illinois state legislative districts
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Open States
- Friends Of Fran Hurley Facebook page
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, Rep. Frances Ann Hurley," accessed February 24, 2014
- Campaign website
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Hurley, Frances Ann," accessed July 19, 2013
Bill Cunningham (D)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 35
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |