|Running for Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 112|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 115|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Valley View High School|
|Bachelor's||Penn State University, 1999|
Farina earned his B.S. in Criminal Justice from Penn State University in 1999. His professional experience includes owning Farina Landscaping since 2004.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Farina served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environmental Resources & Energy|
|• Game & Fisheries|
|• Tourism & Recreational Development, Democratic Secretary|
Farina's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Providing a Quality Education to Every Child
- Excerpt: "Restore the Funding to our Public Schools. Without the proper resources, our children will not receive the education they need and deserve."
Creating Family Sustaining Jobs
- Excerpt: "Offer tax incentives like Keystone Opportunity Zones and Tax Increment Financing to larger business and corporations to lure them to the area and to take advantage of our highly trained and motivated work force."
Keeping Our Communities Safe and Growing
- Excerpt: "Provide our police forces with the necessary tools and most up-to-date technology to fight and prevent crime."
Protecting Seniors, Veterans and Children
- Excerpt: "Pressure Harrisburg to find ways to restore the funding that has been cut from our Public School System."
Protecting Our Environment and Game Lands
- Excerpt: "Expand the use of renewable and clean energy sources like wind turbines to reduce our region’s dependency on fossil fuels and limit the effects that current fuel sources emit into our air, water, and land."
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Frank Farina defeated incumbent Kevin Haggerty and Robert Munley in the Democratic primary. Farina is unchallenged in the general election.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 112 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Frank Farina Incumbent||44.3%||5,756|
|Kevin Haggerty Incumbent||37.3%||4,848|
Farina ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 115. Farina defeated Randy Castellani in the Democratic primary on April 24. He defeated Theresa Kane in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Democrat Edward Staback did not seek re-election.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 115, General Election, 2012|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 115 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Frank Farina is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Frank Farina raised a total of $114,667 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 17, 2013.
|Frank Farina's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 115||$114,667|
|Grand Total Raised||$114,667|
2012Frank Farina won election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Frank Farina raised a total of $114,667.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Frank Farina's campaign in 2012|
|Farina, Frank A||$36,934|
|Campolieto, Joseph M||$4,050|
|Domiano Sr, Anthony R||$3,135|
|Mattioli, Jason J||$2,550|
|Total Raised in 2012||$114,667|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Farina and his wife, Karla, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Frank + Farina + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Pennsylvania General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Pennsylvania state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Rep. Farina's personal website
- Profile from the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- farinastaterep.com, "About Frank," accessed May 8, 2014
- farinastaterep.com, "Our Vision," accessed May 8, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 9, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Farina, Frank," accessed September 17, 2013
Edward Staback (D)
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 115
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |