Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kentucky State Senate District 7|
|Master's||University of Tennessee|
|Years of service||30 Years|
|Date of birth||05/24/1940|
|Place of birth||Big Sandy, Texas|
Haynes served in the United States Army for thirty years, including three tours as a combat pilot in Vietnam.
Haynes' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"It's time to stop watching the exodus and putting up barriers to new job creators and make Kentucky the state where business can succeed."
- Excerpt:"I will never vote for a budget that is not balanced: that is, revenues equal expenditures, no bonded debt."
- Excerpt:"The certificate of need in Kentucky limits free market competition, and its results are the opposite of its stated purpose."
- Excerpt:"We already have the rights to share the produce of our own private property. We need to write laws that establish the penalties for federal agents who violate our rights."
- Excerpt:"We need to move back toward local control, where teachers, principals, and parents decide on the hiring and firing of teachers. We need to remove politics from the building and renovation of schools, and the rating system used, rather than politics."
- See also: Kentucky State Senate elections, 2012
Haynes ran in the 2012 election for Kentucky State Senate District 7. He ran unopposed in the primary on May 22, 2012, and was defeated by incumbent Julian Carroll in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Kentucky State Senate, District 7, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Julian Carroll Incumbent||59%||33,404|
Haynes ran unopposed in the May 18 Republican primary election.
Haynes and his wife Jennifer have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Frank + Haynes + Kentucky + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Frank Haynes on Facebook
- "fhaynes," Official Campaign Website
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General Election Results," accessed January 7, 2015
- Kentucky Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Election Results
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Official 2010 General Election Results," accessed April 30, 2014
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Official 2010 Primary Election Results," accessed April 30, 2014