Frank J. Mautino
|Frank J. Mautino|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 76|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||22|
|Deputy Majority Leader|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Illinois State University, 1985|
|Associate's||Illinois Valley Community College, 1983|
|Birthday||August 7, 1962|
|Place of birth||Spring Valley, IL|
Mautino worked as a Corporate Brand Manager for Mautino Distributing Company from 1986-1992, was a Driver from 1980-1985, and a Warehouseman from 1976-1980.
He is a member of the Comprehensive Health Insurance Program Board of the Audit Commission, Economic and Fiscal Commission, and Chair of the Downstate Caucus.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mautino served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture & Conservation|
|• Revenue & Finance|
|• Legislative Audit Commission, Co-chair|
|• Legislative Ethics Commission|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mautino served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Appropriations-General Service|
|• Revenue & Finance|
|• Legislative Ethics|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Mautino served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Appropriations-General Service|
|• Revenue & Finance, Vice-chair|
|• Tollway Oversight|
Tax hike bill, 2011
Rep. Mautino argued against an increase in the state income tax. He pointed to the millions of dollars of new spending for schools as just as problematic as the 75 percent income tax increase.
"The main concern is that there can't be any new spending," said Mautino. "All of our members know that the structural deficit here is equal to a two percent income tax [hike]."
In May 2011, the Illinois House unanimously passed a measure, sponsored by Mautino, that would allow craft brewers to distribute their own beer.
“(The measure) grants a limited option to Illinois and out-of-state start up breweries, defined in the bill as craft brewers, to self-distribute beer products pursuant to a permit issued by the Liquor Control Commission,” said state Rep. Frank J. Mautino.
Senate Bill 754 would allow craft brewers that manufacture up to 465,000 gallons of beer per year to distribute not more than 232,500 gallons of their own beer in that same year.
Although the measure had all of the representatives’ support, state Rep. John E. Bradley said this proposal is a Pyrrhic victory for craft brewers.
“We have several of these small businesses throughout the state, in particular in my area, and I support their growth and their attempts to do business within the state,” Bradley said. “However I don’t think that this is going to settle the litigation, which is taking place throughout the state.”
Anheuser-Busch has taken Illinois to court for interfering with the beer company’s distributor licenses.
The measure left for the governor’s desk on May 23, 2011.
Mautino won re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 76. Mautino was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and defeated Donald Jensen (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 76, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Frank J. Mautino Incumbent||63.1%||28,113|
Mautino won re-election to the 76th District Seat in 2010 with no opposition.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 76 (2010)|
|Frank J. Mautino (D)||26,889||100.0%|
He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on February 2nd. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 76 (2008)|
|Frank J. Mautino (D)||40,615|
On November 7, 2006, Democrat Frank Mautino won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 76 receiving 23,028 votes ahead of Republican Patricia Wagner who received 8,943 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 76 (2006)|
|Frank Mautino (D)||23,028|
|Patricia Wagner (R)||8,943|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Mautino collected $428,347 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Illinois House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Frank J. Mautino's campaign in 2010|
|Service Employees Healthcare Illinois Indiana||$26,000|
|Operating Engineers Local 150||$25,000|
|Illinois Health Care Association||$25,000|
|Illinois Electrical Workers||$15,000|
|Illinois Education Association||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$428,347|
In 2008, Mautino collected $267,125 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$11,000|
|Unicare Life & Health Insurance||$8,000|
|Professional Independent Insurance Agents of Illinois||$8,000|
|Illinois Life Insurance Council||$6,000|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Mautino received a score of 57.14 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of D according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the 50th highest among all 120 members of the Illinois House of Representatives included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Frank + Mautino + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois Senate moves beer distributor bill forward - Crain's Chicago Business (blog)
- Illinois House, Senate prepare budget plans - Monmouth Daily Review Atlas
- Possible law to increase voting opportunities for 17-year-olds - LaSalle News Tribune
- Mautino, Rezin comment on pension-problem proposals - LaSalle News Tribune
- Illinois House: Anheuser-Busch must sell beer distributor stake - Crain's Chicago Business
- 3 levels of competition in all major asports for boys and girls - LaSalle News Tribune
- Streator All-Star state champs to be recognized at state level - MyWebTimes.com
- Illinois House defeats less restrictive concealed carry bill - Chicago Tribune
- Volunteer traffic cops? The state might say 'yes' - LaSalle News Tribune
- AB to sell stake in City Beverage distributorship - Chicago Tribune
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Campaign Website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Frank J. Mautino (D) 76th District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Illinois House Democrats - Frank J. Mautino
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Mautino
- ↑ "Support Scarce, Tax Hike Vote Delayed," Illinois Statehouse News, January 10, 2011
- ↑ "Illinois places limits on protests; sex offender law tougher," By Diane S.W. Lee and Mary J. Cristobal, Illinois Statehouse News, May 23, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- ↑ Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- ↑ Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- ↑ Follow the money - Illinois House 2010 donors
- ↑ Mautino Campaign Donors
- ↑ Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
|Illinois House of Representatives District 76
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |