|Rhode Island State Senate District 26|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|High school||Classical High School|
|J.D.||Northeastern University School Of Law|
|Place of birth||Providence, RI|
Lombardi earned his B.A. in Business from Providence College and his J.D. from Northeastern University School of Law. His professional experience includes working as Probate Clerk/Judge for the City of Providence and as the owner of Frank S. Lombardi Law Associates.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lombardi served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
Elections for the office of Rhode Island State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Frank Lombardi was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Lombardi won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island State Senate District 26. He defeated Gene T. Dyszlewski in the Democratic primary on September 11. Sean P. Gately ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Incumbent Beatrice Lanzi (D) did not run for re-election. Lombardi defeated Gately in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 26, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Frank S. Lombardi Incumbent||63.3%||7,009|
|Republican||Sean P. Gately||36.5%||4,039|
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 26 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Frank Lombardi is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Frank Lombardi raised a total of $47,569 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 26, 2013.
|Frank Lombardi's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island State Senate, District 26||$47,569|
|Grand Total Raised||$47,569|
2012Frank Lombardi won election to the Rhode Island State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Frank Lombardi raised a total of $47,569.
|Rhode Island State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Frank Lombardi's campaign in 2012|
|Gladstone, Jodi M||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$47,569|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills related to civil liberties.
- Common Cause: 2013-2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on votes on government reform.
- Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity: 2013 Session Freedom Index
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills deemed to have an effect on free-market, small-government, or constitutional principles.
- National Federation of Independent Business in New York: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
Lombardi and his wife, Antonelia, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Frank + Lombardi + Rhode Island + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Frank Lombardi," accessed June 6, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Senator in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Senator in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official 2014 general election results," accessed December 4, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 5, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Lombardi, Frank S," accessed July 26, 2013
Beatrice Lanzi (D)
|Rhode Island State Senate District 26
| Succeeded by|