|Oregon House of Representatives District 56|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Oregon State University|
|Master's||Oregon State University|
Whitsett earned her B.A. and her M.A. in Geology from Oregon State University. Her professional experience includes working as a geologist for Standard Oil of Ohio, British Petroleum, and as a consultant for Domestic and International Firms.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Whitsett served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Energy and Environment|
|• Human Services and Housing|
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Gail Whitsett was unopposed in the Republican primary. She is also running as a write-in candidate on the Democratic party ticket. Whitsett is unchallenged in the general election.
Whitsett won election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 56. Whitsett defeated Tracey Liskey in the May 15 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Republican William Garrard did not seek re-election.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 56 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Whitsett is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Whitsett raised a total of $89,262 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 14, 2013.
|Gail Whitsett's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oregon State House, District 56||$89,262|
|Grand Total Raised||$89,262|
2012Whitsett won election to the Oregon State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Whitsett raised a total of $89,262.
|Oregon State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gail Whitsett's campaign in 2012|
|Committee to Elect Doug Whitsett||$20,215|
|Oregon Family Farm Association||$4,018|
|Oregon Soft Drink Association||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$89,262|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Whitsett and her husband, Doug, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gail + Whitsett + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Oregon state legislative districts
- Profile from the Oregon House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Oregon Secretary of State, 2012 Candidate Information, "Gail Whitsett"
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Whitsett," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Whitsett, Gail," accessed June 14, 2013
William Garrard (R)
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 56
| Succeeded by|