Garner Musashi Shimizu
|Garner Musashi Shimizu|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 32|
|Bachelor's||Mechanical Engineering, University of Hawaii Manoa, 1983|
|Place of birth||Honolulu, HI|
|Profession||Sheet metal business|
Shimizu's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "One of the greatest joys is learning a skill and putting our talents to use. Hawaii must increase utilization of our local businesses and laborers for in-state work opportunities and enable us to be highly-effective in global commerce. The best answers to many labor issues lawmakers deliberate come from our state's excellent workforce."
- Excerpt: "I understand and appreciate the many challenges both students and educators address. It is vitally important for the well-being of our students, teachers and schools that we conduct an honest audit of our State Department of Education."
- Excerpt: "We are grateful to the brave men and women and their families of our Law Enforcement, Fire Safety and Armed Forces. They make enormous sacrifices many of us will never fully appreciate. We owe them our greatest support."
Shimizu ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 32. Shimizu ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by District 31 incumbent Linda Ichiyama (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 32, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Linda Ichiyama Incumbent||70.6%||5,707|
|Republican||Garner Musashi Shimizu||29.4%||2,375|
Shimizu has a wife, Joy, and three children, Branin, Taryn, and Charis.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Garner + Musashi + Shimizu + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Garner Musashi Shimizu, "Issues," accessed October 3, 2012
- ↑ State of Hawaii: Office of Elections, "Federal/State/County Candidates, 2012 Primary Elections," retrieved June 11, 2012
- ↑ Hawaii Secretary of State - Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ State of Hawaii Office of Elections, “Hawaii General 2012 - State of Hawaii – Statewide,” November 20, 2012
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Garner Musashi Shimizu," accessed October 2, 2012