|New York Public Service Commissioner|
|December 13, 2007 - Present|
|February 1, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Bachelor's||State University College at Plattsburgh|
|Master's||State University of New York at Albany|
|Place of birth||Williamsville, New York|
Brown has spent over 30 years in the public, private and not-for-profit energy and electricity sectors. He has served as Senior Policy Analyst for the former New York State Energy Office, Vice President, External Affairs and Vice President of Strategic Planning for the New York Independent System Operator, and Manager of Government and Market Relations for Sithe Energies, Inc.
- BA, State University College at Plattsburgh
- Masters of Public Administration, Rockefeller School of Public Affairs at the State University of New York at Albany
New York Public Service Commission (2007-present)
Brown has served as a member of the New York Public Service Commission since December 13, 2007.
Brown was re-appointed to the New York Public Service Commission by Gov. David Paterson in February 2009. Common Cause criticized the re-appointment stating, "The govenror is not willing to think creatively about ways that the PSC can positively help New York's families during this economically difficult times."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Garry + Brown + New + York"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Gary Brown: Adventures in rental cars - Steuben Courier
- Garry Brown: Amherst Regional's Jazzy Moonstone is true gem on list of sports ... - MassLive.com
- Carol Burnett to receive Mark Twain Prize for American Humour - Toronto Star
- Encore: Another Big Splash and Dylan's Birthday Celebrated - ithaca.com
- Gary Brown: Driving to the hardware store in French - Steuben Courier
- Cell phone users 'have no legitimate expectation of privacy' ? judge - RT
- 100 Leaders of Great Hospitals in America - Becker's Hospital Review
- US Judge: Only Powered-Off Mobile Phones Deserve Privacy Protections - Gizmodo Australia
- Sportsday - Monday, 20 May as it happened - BBC Sport (blog)
- The romantic - Brisbane Times
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
|New York Public Service Commission
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Freedom of Information Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |