For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Transparency grading process|
See also: Evaluation of Indiana city websites
This website was reviewed on November 8, 2011.
- Budgets are posted back to 2004.
- Financial reports are posted back to 2002.
- Council members are posted with contact information.
- Building permit information is posted.
- A phone number is provided for zoning inquiries.
- Requests for proposals are posted.
- Administrative officials and contact information are posted.
- There is no search function on the site.
- No information on tax rates is posted.
- No information on public records requests is posted.
- No information on government sector lobbying is posted.
- Meeting minutes and agendas are not posted.
- Budgets do not include revenue estimates.
Gary votes for a new mayor on November 8, 2011, as previous mayor Rudy Clay (D) is retiring.
Gary's city clerk is Democrat Suzette Raggs.
|Marilyn D. Krusas||1st|
|Carolyn D. Rogers||4th||Vice President|
|Kyle W. Allen, Sr.||At-Large|
|Ragen H. Hatcher, Esq.||At-Large|
|Status of Women||$0|
|General Services (closed)||$0|
|Police Civil Svc Comm.||$108,739|
|Police Dept Support Svcs||$1,695,278|
|Fire Dept Comm.||$102,963|
|Youth Svcs Bureau||$0|
|Finance, MIS, HR||$1,532,025|
|Total General Fund||$50,568,917|
For 2011, the city budgeted $5,247,809 to pay for fire pensions and $5,474,000 for police pensions.
Indiana Transparency Portal
The Indiana State Auditor has launched an Indiana Transparency Portal (ITP), containing budget and financial information for local governments. The interactive report-builder page offers a range of information. Users can find financial data for a county, municipality or other unit of government.
The ITP only contains 2012 budget information. Because the Gary city website does not have the 2012 budget posted yet, it is not possible to check whether the budget data agree.
- U.S. Census Bureau, "QuickFacts," accessed November 28, 2011
- Official Gary website, "Finance Department City Budgets," accessed November 8, 2011
- Official Gary website, "Finance Department City Reports," accessed November 8, 2011
- Gary Common Council website, "Members," accessed November 8, 2011
- Official Gary website, "Permits," accessed November 8, 2011
- Official Gary website, "Planning Services," accessed November 8, 2011
- Official Gary website, "RFQ and RFP," accessed November 8, 2011
- Official Gary website, "Departmental Contacts," accessed November 8, 2011
- ABC7 "Gary, Hammond, vote for mayors," accessed November 8, 2011
- NWITimes, "Dems dine and strategize," accessed November 8, 2011
- Official Gary website, "2011 General Fund Operating Budget," accessed November 8, 2011
- Indiana Gateway for Government Unites, "Report Builder," accessed November 28, 2011
Rated cities in IndianaRated Cities in Indiana