|Former candidate for|
|Nevada State Assembly, District 34|
Fisher's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Diversifying our Economic Base
- Excerpt: "Diversifying Nevada’s economic base to protect our state from economic recessions by providing new business sectors with a highly-skilled workforce."
Fighting for our Priorities
- Excerpt: "Fighting for our priorities with limited resources. We must guard against waste and invest in critical areas of need like job creation, health care expansion and public education."
- Excerpt: "Improving educational opportunities for students and adults seeking to continue their education by investing in public schools and supporting more rigorous job-training programs."
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 10, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Victoria Seaman ran unopposed in the Republican primary, while Meghan Smith defeated Gary Fisher, Fayyaz Raja and Sanje Sedera in the Democratic primary. Smith was disqualified from the ballot on October 16, 2014, after it was determined that she did not reside in the district for 30 days prior to her declaration of candidacy. Because of the late date of the court order, Smith will remain on the ballot. Smith and Seaman will face off in the general election.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 34 Democratic Primary, 2014|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2010
Fisher was defeated in the November 2, 2010, general election. His opponents in the November 2 general election were Richard McArthur (R) and Mark Andrews (Independent American). Fisher defeated Gerald Mackin in the June 8 primary by a margin of 2,184-993.
|Nevada House of Representatives, District 4 General election (2010)|
|Richard McArthur (R)||12,156|
|Gary Fisher (D)||9,536|
|Mark Andrews (I)||1,352|
In 2014, Fisher's endorsements include the following:
- Nevada Conservation League
- Southern Nevada Central Labor Council
- Clark County International Association of Firefighters Local 1908
- Seniors United
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gary + Fisher + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nevada State Assembly
- Nevada State Legislature
- Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
- Nevada State Assembly District 34
- Gary Fisher's official campaign website
- Gary Fisher on Facebook
- Gary Fisher on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Results for the June 8, 2010 primary in Nevada
- Official campaign website, "Main page," accessed May 21, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 filed candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- Clark County, "Candidate filing," accessed April 8, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Nevada Primary Election 2014," accessed June 10, 2014
- Facebook, "Gary Fisher for Assembly," accessed May 21, 2014