Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Georgia Secretary of State|
- Bachelor's degree, University of Georgia in political science
- Juris Doctorate degree, Georgia State University
Upon receiving his law degree, Horlacher served as the legal aide for the House Judiciary Committee in the Georgia State General Assembly. He was then named Assistant Commissioner of the Georgia Department of Labor where he handled all the public policy, media and legislative issues prevalent for one of the state’s largest public agencies. Horlacher later worked as the Manager of Government Relations for both Oglethorpe Power and the Georgia Electric Membership Corporation before serving as the Executive Director of the Georgia Association of Home Health Agencies. He has also practiced law in the state for the past ten years, first at Alston & Bird' as a member of the Legislative and Public Policy Practice Group and then later as a partner at the Atlanta-branch of Adorno & Yoss, the largest certified minority-owned law firm in the nation.
|2010 Race for Secretary of State - Democratic Primary|
|Democratic Party||Gail Buckner||35.1%|
|Democratic Party||Georganna Sinkfield||22.6%|
|Democratic Party||Angela Moore||20.4%|
|Democratic Party||Michael Mills||15.5%|
|Democratic Party||Gary Horlacher||6.4%|
Gary Horlacher for Secretary of State
P.O. Box 3064
Peachtree City, GA 30269
- Garyforsecretary.com 2010 Campaign website
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from May 4, 2010.
- Fresh Loaf, "Gary Horlacher to run for Secretary of State" 28 April, 2009
- Georgia Secretary of State - 2010 Primary Election Results
- Even though Gail Buckner received the most votes, she failed to receive over fifty percent of those votes required by Georgia state law. A runoff election between the top two vote recipients, therefore, was required to decide who went on to the general election.