Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 9|
|Service/branch||Air Force/National Guard|
Meggs has worked for 22 years as a public school educator. He has also worked as the UAM Director of Bands for 11 years. In addition, he has served a total of 22 years in the Air Force/National Guard.
Meggs' campaign website listed the following issues:
- "JOBS - So our children and grand children have an opportunity to live in Southeast Arkansas and raise their families"
- "Less corporate tax state wide so we can compete with surrounding states bringing in new business"
- "Southeast Arkansas children deserve all the opportunities that children in North Arkansas enjoy"
- "Expansion of the University of Arkansas at Monticello as an economic engine to ignite the economy"
- "Teachers and Administrators need better resources and less state and federal government interference"
- "Arkansas District 9 should be a Free Enterprise Zone to attract large businesses"
Meggs ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives, District 9. Meggs ran unopposed in the May 22 Republican primary and was defeated by Sheilla Lampkin (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Sheilla E. Lampkin Incumbent||57.4%||5,815|
Meggs is married and has four children and three grandchildren.
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|