|U.S. House, Kentucky, District 4|
|Boone County Government, Judge Executive|
|High school||Pendleton County High School|
- 1975: Pendleton County High School
- 1999-Present: Boone County Government, Judge Executive
Moore ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Kentucky's 4th District. Moore sought the nomination on the Republican ticket. Greg Frank faced Bill Adkins in the Democratic primary. Moore faced Alecia Webb-Edgington, Thomas Massie, Brian Oerther, Tom Wurtz, Marc Carey and Walter Christian Schumm in the Republican primary. Moore was defeated by Thomas Massie in the Republican primary. Candidates wishing to run were initially required to file by the signature filing deadline of January 31, 2012. However, because the legislature was unable to complete new redistricting maps on time, the deadline was pushed back one week. The new deadline was February 7. The primary elections were held on May 22, 2012.
- Kentucky's 4th Congressional District
- Kentucky's 4th Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives
- WLKY "Election Results" Accessed May 22, 2012
- Gary Moore for Congress Facebook page "Info" Accessed March 13, 2012
- Kentucky State Board of Elections "Candidate Filings" Accessed January 23, 2012
- Courier Press "Judge to rule by Tuesday on Kentucky legislative filing deadline," January 30, 2012
- Kentucky.com "Lawmakers move to postpone congressional deadline," January 27, 2012
- Kentucky Secretary of State "2012 Primary Results"
- NYK.com "Political Notes:The Northern Kentucky AFL-CIO Central Labor Council announces endorsements" Accessed March 15, 2012