|Alaska State Senate District R|
|January 26, 2015|
|Years in position||10|
|President, Alaska State Senate|
|Per diem||$238 or $253/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Alaska State House of Representatives|
|Mayor, City of Kodiak|
|Bachelor's||Linfield College, 1963|
|Master's||University of Oregon, 1965|
|Ph.D.||University of Oregon, 1984|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1967-1970|
|Birthday||August 21, 1941|
|Place of birth||McMinnville, Oregon|
Stevens received a B.A. from Linfield College in McMinnville, Oregon in 1963. He later went on to earn a M.F.A. in 1965 and a Ph.D. in 1984 at the University of Oregon.
Stevens served as Senate Majority Leader from 2005-2008. Prior to his time in the Senate, Stevens served in the Alaska House of Representatives from 2001-2003. He has also served as the mayor of the Kodiak Island Borough, the mayor of the City of Kodiak, the president of the school board, and the presiding officer of the Borough Assembly. 
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Stevens served on the following committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education, Chair|
|• Senate World Trade, Chair|
|• Administrative Regulation Review|
|• Legislative Council|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Stevens served on these committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Senate World Trade, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Stevens served on these committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Rules, Vice-chair|
- See also: Alaska State Senate elections, 2012
Stevens won re-election in the 2012 election for Alaska State Senate District 18 (R). He ran unopposed in the August 28, 2012 Republican primary and defeated Robert Henrichs (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Alaska State Senate, District 18 (R), General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Gary Stevens Incumbent||70.1%||7,673|
- See also: Alaska State Senate elections, 2010
Stevens won re-election to the District R Seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the November 2 general election.
In 2006 Stevens was re-elected to the Alaska State Senate. Stevens finished with 6,510 votes while his opponent Charles Davidson finished with 4,300. Stevens raised $50,435 for his campaign fund.
|Alaska State Senate, District R (2006)|
|Gary Stevens (R)||6,510|
|Charles Davidson (D)||4,300|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Stevens raised $17,575 in contributions. 
His two largest contributors were:
|Alaska Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
In 2006, Stevens collected $50,435 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Alaska Republican Party||$9,000|
|Associated Gen. Contractors of Alaska||$2,500|
|Kenai Peninsula Republican Women||$1,000|
Stevens was born in McMinnville, Oregon. He has three children and resides with his wife, Rita, in Kodiak.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gary + Stevens + Alaska + Senate"
- Coastal Caucus Gives Rural Senators More Clout - Alaska Public Radio Network
- Alaska Senate OKs oil industry tax cuts - TheNewsTribune.com
- Compass: Don't buy the company line on oil tax cuts - Anchorage Daily News
- With new probe underway, Alaska congressman's legal defense fund likely to ... - Environment & Energy Publishing
- Alaska Editorials - The Republic
- Democrats hope to hold these 9 seats in 2014 - MSNBC
- Kodiak Launch Complex faces funding cut - Juneau Empire (subscription)
- ' Clean - up ' bill to ease permitting and water rights rules stalled , may return - Anchorage Daily News
- John Wetzel named to Council of State Governments Justice Center board - Chambersburg Public Opinion
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Alaska State Senate website of Senator Gary Stevens
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006 2004 2002 2000 1996
- Alaska State Senate Bipartisan Working Group biography
- ↑ Official Biography
- ↑ Alaska Division of Elections - August 28, 2012 Primary Candidate List
- ↑ Alaska Division of Elections, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Alaska Election Division "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 16, 2012
- ↑ General election results
- ↑ "Alaska State Senate official election results"
- ↑ "Campaign funds"
- ↑ 2010 contributions
- ↑ 2006 contributions to Gary Stevens
|Alaska State Senate District R
| Succeeded by|