|Wisconsin State Assembly District 6|
|2007 - Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin, River Falls, 1976|
|Place of birth||Rice Lake, WI|
A businessman by trade, Tauchen currently serves as Director of Badger AgVest, LLC. He formerly served as Director of M&I Bank–Shawano, and was a founding board member of Cooperative Resources International.
Tauchen is a member of a number of community organizations, including the Dairy Business Association, Shawano Area Chamber of Commerce, Shawano County Dairy Herd Improvement Association, Shawano County Republican Party, and Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Tauchen served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture, Vice Chair|
|• Constitution and Ethics|
|• International Trade and Commerce|
|• Rural Affairs, Chair|
|• State and Local Finance|
During the 2011-2012 legislative session, Tauchen served on these committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Elections and Campaign Reform, Chair|
|• Energy and Utilities|
|• Rural Economic Development|
|• Workforce Development|
During the 2009-2010 legislative session, Tauchen served on these committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Renewable Energy and Rural Affairs|
|• Workforce Development|
Tauchen's official website lists his positions on many issues, including:
- Tax Reform and Fiscal Restraint - "Our state’s excessively high tax rates are driving away our young college graduates, keeping companies from settling in the Badger State, and crippling small businesses."
- Economic Development - "I will fight for lower taxes, sensible regulations, a reliable energy supply, and private sector job growth, so Wisconsin can better compete in the global marketplace."
- Right to Life - "I am pro-life and believe life is to be protected, not destroyed."
- Capital Punishment - "I believe capital punishment is an appropriate penalty for the most heinous of crimes when there is DNA evidence to support a conviction."
- Definition of Marriage - "I support the traditional definition of marriage. I believe that only a marriage between a man and a woman should be valid and recognized as a marriage in this state."
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-85 Temporary "Class B" licenses a municipality may issue to certain organizations in a 12-month period increased
- AB-166 Veterinary clinic at which pesticides are used or repackaged: certain DATCP permit requirement eliminated; Veterinary Examining Board prohibited from requiring training and continuing education re pesticide use and disposal
- AB-180 Environmental Results Program revisions and name changed to Green Tier Program, Environmental Cooperation Pilot Program provisions; Environmental Improvement Program revisions and name changed to Environmental Compliance Audit Program
- AJR-16 State fund or program revenue appropriation account: dissolution by law permitted; purpose of other accounts may not be changed or used in a conflicting manner. Constitutional amendment (1st consideration)
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Tauchen won re-election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 6. Tauchen ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated John Powers (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 6 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Gary Tauchen (R)||5,658||99.68%|
On November 4, 2008, Tauchen won re-election to Assembly District 6, receiving 55.02% of the vote.
|Wisconsin Assembly District 6|
|Gary Tauchen (R)||14,237|
|John Powers (D)||11,631|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Tauchen received $14,407 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gary Tauchen's campaign in 2010|
|Wisconsin Restaurant Association||$500|
|Wisconsin Health & Hospital Association||$500|
|Northwestern Mutual Life||$500|
|Jacobs Iii, John||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$14,407|
In the 2008 election, Tauchen raised a total of $29,904.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Wisconsin Federation Of Cooperatives||$700|
|Wisconsin Institute of CPAS||$500|
|Wisconsin Builders Association||$500|
|Thirteen other donors, each donating $500||$500|
In the 2006 election, Tauchen raised a total of $55,775. 
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Republican Party of Shawano County||$500|
|Wisconsin Energy Corp||$500|
|Fourteen other donors, each donating $500||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Gary + Tauchen + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Campaign website
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Gary Tauchen
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Representative Tauchen's LinkedIn
- ↑ Gary Tauchen Gary's Bio
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Tauchen
- ↑ Gary Tauchen Issues
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Wisconsin Endorsements," March 26, 2012
- ↑ Wisconsin Department of Elections - Official Primary Results
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- ↑ Official GAB primary results
- ↑ Wisconsin State Elections Board Results of Fall General Election-11/04/2008
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 6
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Open Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |