Gary W. Carsel
|Former candidate for|
|New York State Senate, District 24|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Carsel's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I believe in election reforms, because as a Staten Islander, and an American, I am more than a little tired of being told I should be satisfied with the crumbs which fall from the table."
- Excerpt: " We should have publicly financed elections. Not as a taxpayer ATM, and increasing taxes, but through the moneys the State already takes in. Connecticut has public financing of campaigns through the sale of abandoned property. There is no reason New York cannot do the same, or something similar."
- Excerpt: "The terms of New York State legislators should be limited. Democracy is not well served by a legislator who has become an entrenched insider. Other states have successfully applied term limits to their legislators, so why can't we?"
- Excerpt: "Outside income must be strictly monitored and limited. The loopholes which allow for just about unlimited contributions to campaigns must be closed. New York State should start listening to groups like Common Cause, the New York Public Interest Research Group and NYU's Brennan Center for Justice."
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election took place November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Gary W. Carsel was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Andrew Lanza was unopposed in the Republican primary. Carsel ran on the Working Families Party ticket and Lanza ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Lanza defeated Carsel in the general election.
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Carsel ran in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 24. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. Carsel was defeated by incumbent Andrew J. Lanza (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Senate, District 24, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Andrew Lanza Incumbent||74.5%||78,418|
|Democratic||Gary W. Carsel||25.5%||26,893|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gary + Carsel + New + York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Senate
- New York State Senate District 24
- New York State Senate elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Gary W. Carsel on Facebook
- Gary W. Carsel on Twitter
- New York State Senate
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Carsel for State Senate, "Why I am Running?," accessed October 7, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed August 8, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Senate Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014