|South Carolina House of Representatives District 34|
Elections for the office of South Carolina House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 10, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 30, 2014. Michael Thompson is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Mike Forrester will face Gaye Holt in the Republican primary.
Holt filed to run in the 2012 election for South Carolina House of Representatives District 34. She was removed from the ballot, and then successfully petitioned to get reinstated. She would have run against incumbent Mike Forrester in the Republican primary on June 12, but instead appeared on the ballot as a Republican "petition" candidate. Holt was defeated in the general election.
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 34, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mike Forrester Incumbent||63.4%||8,601|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gaye + Holt + South Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "2014 Election Information," accessed March 31, 2014
- AP.org "South Carolina State Senate and State House Election Results" Accessed November 7, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission "2012 Candidates," accessed April 20, 2012
- GoUpstate.com "Petition candidates face uphill battle," Accessed August 15, 2012
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |