|Iowa House of Representatives District 23|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Ficken is a Biology Teacher at Independence Community Schools, and a small business owner.
He is a member of the Jaycees and Kiwanis.
Ficken lost his bid for re-election to the 23rd District seat against Dan Rasmussen (R). Ficken had no opposition in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 23 General Election (2010)|
|Dan Rasmussen (R)||5,596|
|Gene Ficken (D)||5,388|
On November 4, 2008, Ficken was elected to the 23rd District Seat in the Iowa House of Representatives, defeating Dan Rasmussen (R). Ficken raised $317,415 for his campaign, while Rasmussen raised $230,231.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 23|
|Gene Ficken (D)||7,520|
|Dan Rasmussen (R)||6,761|
In 2008 Ficken collected $317,415 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Democratic Party||$241,044|
|United Food & Commercial Workers International Union||$9,000|
|Iowa Trial Lawyers Association||$8,000|
|Iowa Federation of Labor||$6,500|
- Gene Ficken's Personal Website
- Gene Ficken on the Iowa Legislature Website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Gene Ficken on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Ficken
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 8, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Iowa House candidates," accessed April 7, 2014
- 2008 Contributions to Gene Ficken
|Iowa House of Representatives District 23
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |