|Georgia House of Representatives, District 132|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
King's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Constitution of the United States of America
- Excerpt: "The right to keep and bear arms must be protected and defended at every level of government. "
- Excerpt: "I know what it takes to balance a budget and meet a payroll because I’ve done it. I will take this entrepreneurial spirit to Atlanta and fight for an economy that will give every Georgian the opportunity to access a good-paying job."
- Excerpt: "I fundamentally believe that the best education decisions are those made at the local level. I will fight for local control in Atlanta so that parents and local administrators are in charge of the education of their children – not bureaucrats in Atlanta. I will make sure that every child in the 132nd District has the opportunity to receive a top-notch, high-quality education."
- Excerpt: "I have endorsed and will support a cap on lobbyist contributions. I do not believe that votes cast by elected representatives should in any way be influenced by gifts or contributions from lobbyists."
- Excerpt: "I firmly believe that life begins at conception and ends at natural death, which is why I am the only candidate in this race to be endorsed by Georgia Right to Life. I believe that marriage is defined as a union between one man and one woman and will fight to protect marriage in the Georgia House."
Elections for the office of Georgia House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Robert T. "Bob" Trammell, Jr. was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while W.E. "Gene" King was unopposed in the Republican primary. Trammell will face King in the general election.
King ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 132. King ran unopposed in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012 and was defeated in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 132, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Carl Von Epps Incumbent||53.6%||9,629|
In 2012, King's endorsements included the following:
- Common Cause Georgia
- Georgia Tea Party Patriots
- Coweta Tea Party Patriots
- Meriwether County Sheriff Chuck Smith
- Coweta County Sheriff Mike Yeager
- U.S. Representative Lynn Westmoreland
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gene + King + Georgia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia House of Representatives
- Georgia House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Georgia State Legislature
- Georgia House of Representatives District 132
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Gene King on Facebook
- votegeneking.com, "Issues," accessed September 4, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "GA - Election Results," accessed May 28, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List" accessed May 29, 2012
- Vote Gene King, "Endorsements," accessed October 4, 2012
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |