|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 42|
|December 1, 2012 – present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Bluefield State, 1990|
Ambler earned his Bachelor of Science degree in education from Bluefield State in 1990. Ambler's professional experience includes working as a laborer, equipment operator, and crew foreman on heavy construction projects; management in housing construction and farming business; and teacher at Greenbrier East High School.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ambler served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Roads and Transportation|
|• Agriculture and Agri-business|
|• Joint Education|
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 13, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. Coy Flowers and Courtney Jesser defeated Richard Dulee in the Democratic primary. Incumbents George "Boogie" Ambler and Ray Canterbury were unopposed in the Republican primary. Flowers will face Jesser, Ambler and Canterbury in the general election.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 42 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Ambler won election in the 2012 election for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 42. Ambler advanced past the May 8 primary election and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 42 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Ray Canterbury Incumbent||54.7%||1,652|
Comprehensive donor information for Ambler is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Ambler raised a total of $6,900 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 30, 2013.
|George Ambler's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||West Virginia State House, District 42||$6,900|
|Grand Total Raised||$6,900|
2012Ambler won election to the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2012. During that election cycle, Ambler raised a total of $6,900.
|West Virginia House of Delegates 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to George Ambler's campaign in 2012|
|Justice II, Mr James C||$1,000|
|Greenbrier County Republican Club||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$6,900|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Ambler has a wife, Vicky.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "George + Ambler + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia House of Delegates
- West Virginia House Committees
- West Virginia Joint Committees
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- Delegate Office Website
- Official campaign website (Archived)
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results," accessed June 18, 2014
- WBOY.com, "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Ambler, George," accessed July 30, 2013
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |