George B. Sinner
|George B. Sinner|
|Running for U.S. House, North Dakota|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|North Dakota State Senate District 46|
|December 1, 2012 - present|
|December 1, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Profession||Banker, American Federal Bank|
He is a 2014 Democratic candidate seeking election to the U.S. House to represent the At-Large Congressional District of North Dakota. Sinner ran unopposed for the Democratic nomination in the primary on June 10, 2014.
Sinner earned his Bachelor's degree in Political Science from the University of North Dakota. He is an agriculture and business banker and Senior Vice President at American Federal Bank.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sinner served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Industry, Business and Labor|
Sinner is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent North Dakota's At-Large District. Sinner ran unopposed for the Democratic nomination in the primary on June 10, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Sinner ran in the 2012 election for North Dakota Senate District 46. Sinner ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 12. He defeated incumbent Jim Roers (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Dakota State Senate, District 46, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||George B. Sinner||52%||3,937|
|Republican||Jim Roers Incumbent||47.8%||3,619|
Sinner made flood control the top priority of his campaign.
Comprehensive donor information for Sinner is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Sinner raised a total of $27,170 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 30, 2013.
|George B. Sinner's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Dakota State Senate, District 46||$27,170|
|Grand Total Raised||$27,170|
|George B. Sinner (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$0.00||$37,025.00||$(3,841.20)||$33,183.80|
|Pre-Primary||May 29, 2014||$33,183.80||$196,550.40||$(47,121.55)||$182,612.65|
2012Sinner won election to the North Dakota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Sinner raised a total of $27,170.
|North Dakota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to George B. Sinner's campaign in 2012|
|North Dakota Senate Democratic-NPL Caucus||$3,200|
|Sinner, Jane E.||$2,400|
|North Dakota Education Association||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$27,170|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Sinner and his wife, Margaret, have two children. They currently reside in Fargo, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "George B. + Sinner + North + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- North Dakota's At-Large Congressional District elections, 2014
- North Dakota's At-Large Congressional District
- North Dakota State Senate
- Senate Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Dakota State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- George Sinner on Facebook
- Inforum, "George B. Sinner to seek Democratic nomination to challenge Cramer for ND congressional seat," accessed March 18, 2014
- Associated Press, "North Dakota - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- Valley News Live, "Sinner to run for state senate," accessed September 20, 2012
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Contest/Candidate List," accessed April 25, 2012
- Bakken Today, "Fargo businessman George Sinner to run for ND Senate," accessed September 20, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Sinner, George B.," accessed May 30, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "George B. Sinner Summary Report," accessed May 8, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "George B. Sinner April Quarterly," accessed May 8, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "George B. Sinner Pre-Primary," accessed July 7, 2014
Jim Roers (R)
|North Dakota State Senate District 46
| Succeeded by|