|Delaware State Senate District 20|
|1996 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Date of birth||11/20/1944|
|Place of birth||Salisbury, MD|
|Profession||State Farm Insurance Agency|
Bunting attended the University of Delaware. His professional experience includes working as a State Farms Insurance Agent.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bunting served on these committees:
- Adult & Juvenile Corrections
- Agriculture Chair
- Labor & Industrial Relations
- Natural Resources & Environmental Control
- Small Business
- Sunset Chair
- Veterans Affairs Chair
- Joint Committee on Capital Improvement
- Joint Sunset Committee
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Bunting served on these committees:
- Adult & Juvenile Correction.
- Veterans Affairs.
- Small Business.
- Labor & Industrial Relations.
- Natural Resources & Environmental Control.
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2012
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2010
|Delaware State Senate District 20 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||George Bunting Incumbent||100%||13,119|
Bunting defeated Perry J. Mitchell in the September 14 primary by a margin of 1,858-499.
|Delaware State Senate District 20 General Election Democratic Primary, 2010|
|George Bunting Incumbent||78.8%||1,858|
|Perry J. Mitchell||21.2%||499|
On November 7, 2006, Bunting won re-election to the Delaware State Senate from Delaware's 20th Senate District. Bunting ran unopposed and received 11,960 votes. Bunting raised $12,250 for his campaign in 2006.
|Delaware State Senate, District 20 (2006)|
|George Bunting (D)||11,960||100.0%|
|Delaware State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to George Bunting's campaign in 2010|
|Bunting Jr, George H||$11,500|
|House Republican Campaign Of Delaware||$600|
|Wilmington Trust Co||$600|
|Delaware Association Of Realtors||$600|
|Senate Democratic Victory PAC||$600|
|Total Raised in 2010||$19,982|
In 2006, Bunting collected $12,250 in contributions. The eight largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|George H. Bunting Jr.||$5,000|
|Wilmington Trust Corporation||$700|
|Thomas Sharp Campaign Committee||$600|
|Delaware State Dental Society||$600|
|Home Builders' Association of Delaware||$600|
|Sussex County Women's Democratic Club||$600|
|Delaware Chiropractic Society||$600|
Bunting has a wife, Donna.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term George + Bunting + Delaware + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware State Legislature
- Delaware State Senate
- Delaware Senate Committees
- Delaware state legislative districts
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator George Bunting
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Delaware Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
- Delaware Department of Elections, "Official Primary Results," accessed March 20, 2014
- Delaware Elections Division, "Official 2010 Election results," accessed March 20, 2014
- Delaware Elections Division, "Official 2006 Election results," accessed March 20, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2006 contributions," accessed December 15, 2014
|Delaware Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|
Gerald Hocker (R)