|U.S. House, New York, District 1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 24, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
—George Demos, 
Demos is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent New York's 1st District. Demos is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary on June 24, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Demos is endorsed by former New York Governor George Pataki.
Rudy Guiliani endorses Demos in this campaign ad.
|George Demos (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 3, 2013||$0.00||$1,000,000.00||$(0.00)||$1,000,000.00|
|Year End||January 31, 2014||$1,000,000.00||$1,201,510.00||$(149,121.80)||$2,052,388.20|
**Included in the total contributions are two personal loans from George Demos: $1 million incurred on November 9, 2013, and $1 million incurred on December 30, 2013.
Demos is the son-in-law of Angelo K. Tsakopoulos. Tsakopoulos is a major Democratic donor and the chairman of AKT Development Corporation, a real estate firm.
- United States House of Representatives
- New York's 1st Congressional District elections, 2014
- New York's 1st Congressional District
- Green Papers, "NY District 1," accessed September 30, 2013
- Wall Street Journal "Demos quits GOP primary for congressional seat," May 25, 2012
- George Demos for U.S. Congress, "Issues," accessed April 7, 2014
- Wayback Machine, "George Demos for Congress - Issues," accessed April 7, 2014
- Politico, "George Pataki backs Tim Bishop challenger," accessed October 11, 2013
- NY State of Politics, "Giuliani Joins Pataki In Backing Demos Over Zeldin (Updated)," accessed March 12, 2014
- LI News Radio, "Mayor Rudy Giuliani Endorses George Demos for Congress," accessed March 11, 2014
- YouTube, "Integrity and Character," accessed April 22, 2014
- NY State of Politics, "A Super PAC Slams Demos," accessed April 22, 2014
- NY State of Politics, "Zeldin TV Spot Ties Demos Closely To Pelosi," accessed April 22, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "George Demos Summary Report," accessed June 26, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "George Demos October Quarterly," accessed April 8, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "George Demos Year End," accessed April 8, 2014
- Roll Call, "Wealthy Republican Candidates Seek House," accessed October 29, 2013
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |