|New York State Senate District 12|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Onorato served in the 118th Medical Battalion for the United States Army from 1950 to 1952. He then worked as Secretary/Treasurer for Bricklayer's Local #41 from 1968 to 1983.
Onorato received his diploma from Long Island City High School.
On November 4, 2008, George Onorato won the election for New York State Senate, District 12 with 52,667 votes.
Onorato raised $114,275 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 12 (2008)|
|George Onorato (D)||52,667|
|Thomas F. Dooley (R)||12,199|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to George Onorato's 2008 campaign.
|International Union of Bricklayers & Allied Craftworkers||$5,000|
|Sheet Metal Workers||$2,000|
|Medical Liability Mutual Insurance Co||$2,000|
|New York State Laborers||$2,000|
|Pistilli Realty Group||$1,500|
While a member of the New York State Senate, Onorato served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Senate
- Energy and Telecommunications Committee, New York State Senate
- Ethics Committee, New York State Senate
- Health Committee, New York State Senate
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, New York State Senate
- Labor Committee, New York State Senate
- Racing, Gaming and Wagering Committee, New York State Senate
Onorato and his wife, Athena Georgakakos, have three children.
- Official New York State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Senate District 12
| Succeeded by|