|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Bristol District|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
Ross is an army veteran and owner of Murray's Restaruant in Attleboro, MA.
Ross' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"The people of the commonwealth have already spoken, lower our taxes. The legislature must rollback the sales and income tax to lower the burden on working families."
Jobs and Economic Growth
- Excerpt:"I believe the best way to stimulate our sluggish economy and increase jobs are to take another look at our present regulations."
- Excerpt:"I support health care changes that are realistic and make health plans accessible to all."
- Excerpt:"The thought that we should extend instate college tuition to illegal immigrants is ridiculous. I will oppose this and any other “benefit” that might be proposed for illegals."
Restoring Trust in Government
- Excerpt:"I will continue to support measures to improve ethics and transparency in state government. I am proud to say that I have voted for every measure to make our government open and accessible to all."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ross served on the following committees:
- Children, Families and Persons with Disabilities Joint Committee
- Public Health Joint Committee
- Veterans and Federal Affairs Joint Committee
Ross ran re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Second Bristol District. Ross was unopposed in the September 6 Republican primary and was defeated by Paul Heroux (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Bristol District, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||George Ross Incumbent||41.8%||6,992|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Second Bristol District (2010)|
|Bill Bowles (D)||5,126|
|George Ross (R)||5,630|
|James Connolly (I)||827|
In 2010, Ross raised $22,766 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Ross, George T||$4,000|
|Republican State Cmte||$2,737|
|Attleboro Republican Central Cmte||$1,100|
|Massachusetts Independent Pac For Working Families||$1,000|
Ross and his wife Jeanne have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term George + Ross + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- 13 hours ago ? Associated Press - Bloomington Pantagraph
- IRS official Lerner: 'I did nothing wrong' - WVTM-TV: News, Weather, and ... - Alabama's13.com
- IRS official Lerner: 'I did nothing wrong' - Westport-News
- Taunton State Hospital would remain partially open under Senate budget proposal - Attleboro Sun Chronicle
- Holmes: The high cost of putting teens in prison - MetroWest Daily News
- DERBY DAY -- JOBS NUMBERS LIFT ECONOMIC NARRATIVE: GOP ... - Politico (blog)
- 'Profiles in Cowardice' - phillyBurbs.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Facebook profile
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Second Bristol District
| Succeeded by|
Paul Heroux (D)
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Public Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |