Georgia 2012 ballot measures
Three statewide ballot measures were on the 2012 ballot in Georgia.
- Two measures were legislative referrals and the other was a state wide referendum triggered by a legislative bill.
- Two measures were approved and the referendum was approved in some districts.
- The 2012 state legislative session began on January 9, 2012 and ended in mid April, 2012. Legislative referrals could have been sent to the 2012 ballot during this time.
On the ballot
|VR||Referendum 1||Taxes||Would increase the sales tax in regions that pass the referendum by one-cent.|||
|Amendment 1||Education||Regarding the establishment of public charter schools.|
|Amendment 2||Admin of gov't||Gives the State Properties Commission the authority to enter into multiyear lease agreements.|
Not on the ballot
|Taxpayer Protection Amendment||Taxes||Would limit how much money the State of Georgia can spend in a given year|
|Trauma Care Funding Amendment||Health care||Would allot $10 from vehicle registration fees into a trauma care trust fund|
|Tuition Limit Amendment||Education||Increases in tuition that exceed the rate of inflation must be approved by the General Assembly|
|LRSS||Horse Race Gambling Measure||Gambling||Establishes a nine-member racing commission and rules and regulations for parimutuel betting|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012.
- Georgia's legislative session ends this week with at least one certified measure for the 2012 ballot
- ↑ Though the measure was statewide it was voted on by each 12 regions separately, resulting in the referendum being passed in 3 and defeated in 9
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of School Districts |