Georgia Commissioner of Natural Resources
|Georgia Commissioner of Natural Resources|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2013 FY Budget:||$254,045,653|
|Length of term:||Serves at the pleasure of the Board of Natural Resources|
|Authority:||Georgia Code, 12-2-1|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by the Board of Natural Resources|
|Assumed office:||December 8, 2010|
|Other Georgia Executive Offices|
|Governor•Lieutenant Governor•Secretary of State•Attorney General•Treasurer•Auditor•Superintendent of Schools•Agriculture Commissioner•Insurance Commissioner•Natural Resources Commissioner•Labor Commissioner•Public Service Commission|
Williams is a director of Prime South Bank, past president of the Wayne County Chamber of Commerce, and past president of the Rotary Club. He is a former high school teacher and football coach and owns Harris Real Estate in Jesup, GA. Williams also served in the Army National Guard. He holds a bachelor's degree in biology from Georgia College and State University.
The office of natural resources commissioner is established by state law.
Georgia Code, 12-2-1
There is created the position of commissioner of natural resources.
There are no particular qualifications required of natural resources commissioners.
There are no term limits associated with the office of natural resources commissioner.
State law does not prescribe any particular procedure for dealing with vacancies in the office.
The commissioner of natural resources is directed to "supervise, direct, account for, organize, plan, administer, and execute the functions vested in the Department of Natural Resources..." The department regulates the exploration and exploitation of Georgia's natural resources, as well as managing state parks and the state's historical places.
- Coastal Resources
- Environmental Protection
- Historic Preservation
- Parks, Recreation and Historic Sites
- Wildlife Resources
The budget for the Department of Natural Resources in Fiscal Year 2013 was $254,045,653.
In 2010, the commissioner received a salary of $141,103.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Georgia + Commissioner + "Natural Resources"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tea Party Patriots: 'The largest Tea party protest since 2010 is tomorrow' - Daily Caller
- 'Obama phones' given to people promising to sell them for drugs, money [VIDEO - Daily Caller]
- Georgia News Roundup - Marietta Daily Journal
- $398M wind farm project proposed off Route 16 in Somerset, Piscataquis counties - Kennebec Journal
- State air regulators ask to be part of EPA settlement discussions - Oil & Gas Journal
- State Unveils New Wildlife Car Tags - GPB
- Commission OKs Budget,To Consider EMS Options - Monticello News
- Public comment open on DNR creation of law enforcement division - Daily Tribune News
- Sanders Road to remain closed - Forsyth County News Online
- Search suspended for teen presumed drowned - WALB-TV
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
2 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive SE
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: (404) 656-3500
- ↑ Georgia Department of Natural Resources, "DNR Board Approves Mark Williams as Next DNR Commissioner," December 8, 2010.
- ↑ Georgia Department of Natural Resources, "Bio of Mark Williams," accessed September 16, 2011.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Georgia Code, "12-2-1," accessed September 16, 2011.
- ↑ Georgia Department of Natural Resources, "Divisions," accessed September 16, 2011.
- ↑ ‘’’Budget in Briefs’’’ “Budget in Brief: Amended Fiscal Year 2013 and Fiscal Year 2013,” 206, accessed June 17, 2013.