For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Georgia Attorney General election, 2014
May 20, 2014
November 4, 2014
Samuel S. Olens
Samuel S. Olens
Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General
Superintendent, Insurance Commissioner, Agriculture Commissioner, Labor Commissioner, Public Service Commissioner
The recent history of attorney general races in Georgia was favorable to the Democrats, with Olens replacing three-term Democratic incumbent Thurbert E. Baker in 2011. The past elections section details the previous three elections, with each featuring a margin of victory of at least 9 percent. A September poll from Survey USA found that Olens was only ahead of Hecht by 7 percent with 12 percent of likely voters undecided for the general election.
|Georgia Attorney General, 2014|
|Republican||Samuel S. Olens Incumbent||56.9%||1,436,987|
|Election Results via Georgia Secretary of State.|
|Attorney General of Georgia|
|Poll||Sam Olens* (R)||Greg Hecht (D)||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|SurveyUSA (Likely voters)|
September 19-22, 2014
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to|
**Incumbency is denoted by asterisk (*)
|Georgia Attorney General, 2010|
|Republican||Samuel S. Olens||52.9%||1,351,090|
|Georgia Attorney General, 2006|
|Democratic||Thurbert E. Baker Incumbent||57.2%||1,185,366|
|Georgia Attorney General, 2002|
|Democratic||Thurbert E. Baker Incumbent||55.6%||1,093,734|
|March 7, 2014||Filing deadline for candidates|
|May 20, 2014||Primary election|
|June 27, 2014||Filing deadline for independent candidates|
|July 22, 2014||Primary runoff election|
|September 2, 2014||Deadline to file as a write-in candidate for the general election|
|November 4, 2014||General election|
|December 31, 2014||Inauguration day for public service commissioners elected in general election|
|January 12, 2015||Inauguration day for all other state executives elected in general election|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Georgia + Attorney + General + Election + 2014"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia Attorney General
- Georgia state executive official elections, 2014
- State executive official elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Sam Olens for Attorney General 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed April 1, 2014
- Greg Hecht for Attorney General 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed April 1, 2014
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |