|Alabama State Senate District 13|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Senate Majority Whip|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Livington State University|
|Other||ED, Jacksonville State University|
|Service/branch||Alabama National Guard|
|Years of service||1959-1997|
|Birthday||November 17, 1937|
|Place of birth||Delta, AL|
|Profession||Real Estate Developer|
Dial served on the Lineville City Council from 1972 to 1974. He then served in the Alabama House of Representatives from 1974 to 1982. He then served in the Alabama State Senate.
Dial earned his BS from Livington State University. He then received his ED from Jacksonville State University. He also attended graduate studies at Auburn University.
Dial has served in the Alabama National Guard as a Brigadier General. He has also worked for Lineville High School as a Teacher/Coach. He is currently a self-employed Real Estate Developer.
Dial served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Children, Youth Affairs and Human Resources Committee
- Finance and Taxation Education Committee Vice-Chair
- Health Committee
- Local Legislation No. 1 Committee Chair
- Reapportionment Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- Rules Committee
- Transportation Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- Veterans and Military Affairs Committee
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
|Alabama State Senate, District 13 General election (2010)|
|Gerald Dial (R)||18,800|
|Greg Varner (D)||18,443|
Dial's campaign website lists the following eight issues:
- Jobs, Jobs, Jobs & The Economy
- Excerpt: "We cannot continue to sit idly by while both large and small businesses suffer... First, we must stop the bleeding... Second, once the bleeding has stopped, we must work diligently to bring new businesses to our area but not at the expense of those already here."
- Cut Government Waste & Lower Taxes
- Excerpt: "I will oppose increasing taxes and government spending because more taxes means less jobs. I will also look for ways to cut government spending so that you can keep more of your money in your own pocket."
- Support & Improve Education
- Excerpt: "Our tax dollars should be spent directly on student instruction, not on state government bureaucracy or special “pork “ projects. Our state should increase the quality of the education provided to our students by providing incentives to teachers who perform."
- Protecting Life & Our Conservative Values
- Excerpt: "As a state legislator, I will work diligently to protect life, both of the unborn and the disabled in our state. I will also make sure the government stays out of our lives and doesn’t tell us how to raise our families or how to spend our money."
- Advancing Rural Alabama
- Excerpt: "As your state senator, I will work to protect family farms across our state by keeping taxes low on their land and their products. I will also be a tireless advocate to attract new jobs to our area that are ideally suited for rural Alabama."
- Veterans & The Military
- Excerpt: "I will also be an advocate for funding for various programs for our veterans and for the Alabama State Defense Force..."
- Illegal Immigration
- Excerpt: "I support Arizona’s new immigration law and will support similar measures here in Alabama."
- Excerpt: "I am personally opposed to gambling in Alabama, but I support a clean up or down vote of the people to decide this issue once and for all."
Dial was endorsed by:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express 
In 2010, Dial raised $404,209 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$69,936|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$55,000|
|Alabama Forestry Association||$25,000|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$13,205|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gerald + Dial + Alabama + Senate". Because the results are from a google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator.
- Republicans have House advantage - Selma Times-Journal
- Alabama Senate passes spaceport bill - Anniston Star
- Bill would create Alabama Space Authority to develop a spaceport - The Birmingham News - al.com (blog)
- Time ticking on Weaver Sunday sales, other local bills - The Piedmont Journal
- Senate committee approves plan to phase out Alabama tax on food - The Republic - The Republic
- Alabama grocery sales tax repeal apparently dies again - Gadsden Times
- Is a Spaceport Coming to Alabama? - WNCF
- 13 INVESTIGATES: Taxing the Dinner Table - Alabama's13.com
- Alabama legislative update ? week 10: slow and steady movement by Senate ... - Lexology (registration)
- From speed traps to The Punch, Lowell Barron had colorful career in Senate ... - al.com (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Dial and his wife Faye have two children.
- Gerald Dial's campaign website
- Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Gerald Dial on Facebook
- Gerald Dial on Twitter
|Alabama State Senate District 13
| Succeeded by|