Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Mississippi State Senate, District 27|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
Kucia is an attorney and has worked for the U.S. Department of Agriculture for the past eight years. Previously, he clerked for the Mississippi Supreme Court. He currently serves on the Hinds County Republican Executive Committee. Kucia earned his J.D. from the University of Mississippi School of Law.
According to his website, Kucia highlights the following issues:
1. Effective law enforcement
- abolishing probation for violent offenders
- creation of specialized criminal courts
- increased penalties for gang-related crimes
- mandatory minimum bails for repeat violent offenders
2. A strong economy
- replacing the state income tax with a flat tax
- aggressively marketing Mississippi businesses out of state
- a tax amnesty day during the month of December
- elimination of unnecessary regulations that strangle business opportunities
3. Education reform
- strict accountability in spending for education spending
- elimination of wasteful bureaucracy in the public school systems
- expansion of school choice, charter schools, home schooling standards
Elections for the office of Mississippi State Senate will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Kucia ran in the 2011 election for Mississippi Senate District 29. He lost to Steve Stanford in the primary on August 2, 2011. Incumbent David Blount ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 8, 2011.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gerald + Kucia + Mississippi + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Senate
- Mississippi State Senate District 27
- Mississippi State Senate elections, 2015
- Mississippi State Legislature