|Maryland House of Delegates District 23A|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|At Large Member, Bowie City Council|
|Bachelor's||Catholic University of America, 1987|
|J.D.||Catholic University, 1992|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, New York|
Valentino-Smith earned her B.S. in Nursing from Catholic University in 1987 and her J.D. from Columbia School of Law in 1992. Her professional experience includes working as an attorney and a clinical nurse at the National Institutes of Health.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Valentino-Smith served on these committees:
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent Geraldine Valentino-Smith was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Shukoor Ahmed is running as an Independent.
Valentino-Smith ran against Shukoor Ahmed, Terence Collins, Paulette Faulkner, James Hubbard (incumbent), Lisa Ransom and Nicole Williams in the September 14 primary. Coming in first, she advanced to the general election.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 23A General Election (2010)|
|Geraldine Valentino-Smith (D)||19,238|
|James Hubbard (D)||18,999|
|Margaret Moodie (R)||5,913|
In 2010, Valentino-Smith raised $58,980 in contributions.
Her three largest contributors were:
|Smith, Phillip J||$18,157|
|Okeeffe, Mary F||$1,328|
Valentino-Smith and her husband, P.J., have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Geraldine + Valentino + Smith + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 23A
- House website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Valentino-Smith, Geraldine," accessed December 23, 2013
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |