Gervais School District No. 1 Bond Measure (November 2012)
This measure would have authorized the Gervais School District No. 1 to issue up to $4,240,000 in general obligation bonds to fund new improvements to enable the consolidation of the District. These improvements include:
- Acquiring, constructing and renovating at Gervais Middle School and Gervais High School sites
- Creation of additional classrooms and conversion of Gervais Middle School for use by elementary grades
- Creation of additional classrooms and repairs at Gervais High School
- Building a new multipurpose gymnasium and reconditioning of other indoor and outdoor facilities
These bonds would be paid for by a property tax with a rate of approximately $.56 per $1,000 of assessed valuation.
|Measure 345, School District Bond|
Election results from Marion County, Current Election Results
Text of measure
Language on the ballot:
|“||Shall Gervais School District issue $4,240,000 of general obligation bonds to finance capital costs to consolidate school facilities? If the bonds are approved, they will be payable from taxes on property or property ownership that are not subject to the limits of sections 11 and 11b, Article XI of the Oregon Constitution.||”|
- Marion County Oregon Elections, Current Measures
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.