For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Utah House of Representatives District 15|
Smith's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"My goal: to bring Utah education funding from last place to at least the mid-point of the states. I support obvious funding sources such as increasing the severance tax, restoring the Huntsman tax cuts, and modernizing various practices and tax exemptions that have run their course."
- Excerpt:"Breathing particulates and junk is neither fun nor healthy."
- Excerpt:"However, selling off public land is not only illegal but would result in a great sell off of land for development with a small percentage going to the schools. An absurd idea. Our public lands are not an amenity. They are us."
- Excerpt:"I will work toward the goal of promoting meaningful job creation whenever possible."
- Excerpt:"I can think for myself about needed legislation; I don’t need ALEC."
Smith ran for election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 15. Smith defeated Sherri Tatton in the Democratic convention and was defeated by incumbent Brad R Wilson (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 15, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Brad Wilson Incumbent||80.9%||11,278|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gibbs + Smith + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.