Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Senate, District 38|
|Bachelor's||University of California, Irvine|
Jones earned her B.A. from the University of California, Irvine. She went on to receive her M.B.A. from Northeastern University. Jones has worked for over 20 years for technology firms in the fields of systems analysis and engineering, product management, marketing and sales.
Jones' website highlighted the following campaign issues:
- Put partisan squabbles aside
- Excerpt: "It's time the legislature put a halt to partisan bickering and posturing, and recognize that we are a state of centrists. I promise to work with both Republicans and Democrats in Sacramento and will serve the people of the 38th District, not any one political party or any special interest."
- Balance the State budget
- Excerpt: "Year after year our State budget is late because our legislators are unwilling to think creatively about budget solutions."
- Excerpt: "If Californians really want to address the problem of illegal immigration, we must stop scapegoating the undocumented themselves and focus on the reason they come here: because employers want cheap labor. "
- Excerpt: "Most new bills passed by the California legislature are in effect until the legislature goes to the trouble of rescinding them, the result being that we get stuck with laws that are antiquated, no longer applicable, and sometimes expensive."
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2010
Jones and her husband, Tom, have two children. They reside in San Juan Capistrano, California. In addition to running for state office, Jones served on the Voter Services Committee of the California Democratic Party from 2006 to 2008.
- Official candidate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of candidates certified for the June 8, 2010 primary in California