For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Senate District 25|
Gonzales's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Gil is not a passive observer on the issue of job creation. As an American Marshall Fellow, he was able to engage business leaders and elected officials in Europe on their economic development strategies and policies. He used his skills and knowledge to play a key role in saving thousands of jobs in the San Fernando Valley."
- Excerpt: "Gil is proof positive that a quality education is the best way to ensure the children of California succeed. He will fight to ensure our children aren’t short changed when it comes to adequate facilities and access to the most qualified teachers."
- Taxes and Spending
- Excerpt: "Gil understands that all too often our state’s elected officials seek to rely on taxing hard working Californians as the sole means of balancing the budget. He feels that this is irresponsible leadership."
- Excerpt: "One of Gil’s priorities will be reliable and affordable energy. He feels it is imperative that California lead the way in continuing investments in alternative energy and at the same time provide incentives to business and entrepreneurs to create cost effective and energy saving technologies."
- Pension Reform
- Excerpt: "Gil applauds the Governor and the Senate Republicans for adopting the Governor’s 12 Point Pension Reform plan. This is a good start moving forward. We’ve been able to negotiate favorable future pension obligations."
- Excerpt: "Gil will support logical environmental policies that are mindful of our states wildlife and limited natural resources. Clean water and air is a goal every Californian must strive for and our government has an obligation to ensure we as leaders adopt legislation that is good for our environment and good for our economy."
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2012
Gonzales ran in the 2012 election for California State Senate District 25. He and District 21 incumbent Carol Liu (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Ameenah Fuller (D). He was then defeated in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Senate, District 25, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Carol Liu Incumbent||60.8%||213,127|
|Republican||Gilbert V. Gonzales||39.2%||137,651|
|California State Senate, District 25 Blanket Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gilbert + Gonzales + California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.