Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 144|
|Place of birth||Galveston, TX|
|Religion||Body of Jesus Christ|
Pena earned his B.A. in Political Science from Texas Southern University.
Pena's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I know the citizens of District 144 and how their lives are greatly impacted by the high cost of gasoline. You can count on me to work on solutions that will bring that cost down to a more affordable level."
- Excerpt:"I have had enough of Legislators wasting constituents’ hard-earned tax dollars. I will fight to cut wasteful government spending and will always vote to keep your taxes low."
- Excerpt:"I will fight for the rights of unborn children without fail. As a parent of a severely disabled child, the thought of not having the child never crossed my mind. You can count on me to be your pro-life vote, and expect me to stand up and be heard on the sanctity of this delicate issue."
- Excerpt:"I believe that you have the right to personal protection and for that reason, I will always be a second amendment activist."
- Excerpt:"Finding solutions to fund Schools and protecting the tax payers from higher taxes will be a priority."
Elections for the office of Texas House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on March 4, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Mary Ann Perez was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Gilbert Pena was unopposed in the Republican primary. Perez will face Pena in the general election.
|Texas House of Representatives District 144 Republican Primary, 2012|
Pena lost election to Texas House of Representatives District 143. He was unopposed in the March 2 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Democratic candidate Ana Hernandez in the November 2 general election.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 143 |
2010 General election results
|Ana Hernandez (D)||7,409||68.30%|
|Gilbert Pena (R)||3,438||31.697%|
Pena and his wife, Cynthia, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gilbert + Pena + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign Contributions from Texas State Ethics
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Texas Tribune
- Profile from Imagine Election
- Gilbert Pena on Twitter
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County", accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Democratic Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Republican Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State - 2012 Election and Candidate Information
- Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012
- Official Texas Election Results
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |