Minnesota Senate, District 50
Bauman's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt:"Government does not and can not create a vibrant economy - no society has ever taxed or regulated itself into prosperity."
Taxes and Spending
- Excerpt:"The crux of the problem is that government is involved in too many areas that it should not be involved in. There is far too much overlap of programs and services between local, county, state, and federal government entities."
- Excerpt:"We all want and need good and affordable health care, but turning over more control and regulation of the industry to government is not the answer. Socialized medicine has always led to decreased availability and quality of health care wherever it has been implemented."
Size and Scope of Government
- Excerpt:"Government at all levels has grown far beyond what was envisioned by the founders of our nation. Massive government growth on all levels has led to out of control spending and interference in far too many aspects of our daily lives."
- Excerpt:"Maintenance and improvement of our existing roads and bridge infrastructure must be a top priority in transportation funding."
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Bauman was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent Barbara Goodwin (D) in the general election on November 6
|Minnesota State Senate, District 41, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Barbara Goodwin Incumbent||63%||25,842|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
Bauman had no opponent in the primary. She was defeated by the winner of the DFL primary in the general election.
- Campaign site
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Facebook profile
- 2010 candidates for Minnesota State Senate