Virginia House of Delegates, District 8
|Profession||Small Business Owner, City Council Member|
Mumpower is the proprietor of Ginger' Jewelry. She is also a member of the Radford City Council and sits on the Radford University Board of Visitors.
- Economic Development: "With our local economy struggling, we need leadership in Richmond that will focus on revitalizing our small business community and promote growth. Ginger will pursue policies which make it easier for our economy to thrive. Keeping taxes low, red tape to a minimum and limiting regulation will be her top priorities. At the same time, she will strive to ensure a free and fair marketplace for all of our citizens here in the Commonwealth."
- Job Creation: "Ginger has the knowledge and skill-sets to bring jobs back to our community. With decades of experience as the owner and manager of Ginger's Jewelry, she understands that small business forms the backbone of our economy and generates job growth. We can produce more jobs for the Roanoke Valley if we give businesses a reason to come to our area. We must promote regional cooperation, government assistance and tax incentives to provide the proper mechanisms for job growth..."
Habeeb and Mumpower on the Tea Party
2011 Candidates on what they will bring to the house
- Protecting and Enhancing Our Education System: "Ginger is a strong supporter of our public school system. Growing up in southwest Virginia, she learned that our schools are crucial to the development of our children, families and communities. She will prioritize funding for education, protect teacher salaries and ensure all our students have access to the best and most up to date learning materials... In addition, keeping our public school system strong will encourage new economic development in the 8th District."
- Improving Transportation and Rail Access: "Our transportation infrastructure forms the backbone of our economy. Ginger strongly believes in making our roadways safe, clean and conductive to fast transit. This will make life easier for our local commuters and more efficient for commercial activity. We must also encourage rail development for our area as this will promote more productivity for our local economy and allow our citizens to travel farther and faster..."
- Making Government Efficient and Business Friendly: "Government must be able to focus on helping people. It can only do this if it is run efficiently and properly. Rampant bureaucratization is not the solution. Rather, government must form a partnership with each community and provide support instead of dictating our day to day lives. This will stimulate job growth, keep intrusion on the private lives of our citizens to a minimum and promote cooperation among Main Street and Town Hall."
- Improving the Quality of Life for our Citizens: "Ginger understands that Roanoke and Salem residents enjoy their current quality of life and community landscape. She will protect our locals parks and recreation areas and fight to keep our streets safe, clean and beautiful."
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |