Gladstone City Library Bond Measure (November 2012)
This measure sought to issue a bond in the amount of $1 million in order to help pay for building a new library facility in the city. Following a vote in May, projects over $1 million or those which incur debt must now be put to a public vote. The City had attempted to pass the bond without voter approval first, but residents who spoke up at a council meeting stated that if they did not put the plan to a vote they would collect the needed signatures for a petition to force the issue.
|Gladstone City Library Bond Measure 413|
Election results from Clackamas County, Current Election Results.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|Shall Gladstone authorize con struction and incurrence of a maximum debt of $7.5 million to finance a new $10 million library?|
- The Oregonian, "Gladstone City Council to clarify terms in ballot measures that stalled new library before moving forward," June 13, 2012
- The Oregonian, "Gladstone City Council to vote on language of library ballot measure," August 21, 2012
- The Oregonian, "Gladstone City Council approves $10 million library design, but petition could block project moving forward," August 9, 2012
- Clackamas County Oregon Elections, Measures List
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.