|West Virginia State Auditor|
|1993 - Present|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 3, 1992|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Charleston (1982)|
|Birthday||February 26, 1960|
|Place of birth||Parkersburg, West Virginia|
Glen Gainer was born in Parkersburg, West Virginia in 1960. He earned a BA from the University of Charleston and later attended the Washington Center, a "leadership-building internship program in Washington, D.C." Gainer worked for four years in the state treasurer's office, three years in the state Department of Energy, and one year in the private sector before being elected auditor. He succeeded his father, who had served from 1977 to 1993, as state auditor.
- BA, University of Charleston
- Attended the Washington Center
West Virginia State Auditor (1993 - Present)
Glen Gainer has served as West Virginia's state auditor since 1993. First elected in 1992, he succeeded his father, who served as auditor from 1977 to 1993.
As auditor, Gainer serves as:
- vice chairman of the West Virginia Consolidated Public Retirement Board
- trustee of the West Virginia Investment Management Board and chairman of its Audit Committee
- trustee of the West Virginia Board of Treasury Investments and chairman of its Investment Committee
- chairman of the Interstate Commerce Appeals Board
- a member of the Armory Board
- a member of the Board of Public Works; and
- a member of several other state boards and commissions
Gainer first won election in November 1992 and has been subsequently re-elected in 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2008. He was up for re-election again in 2012.
|West Virginia State Auditor General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Glen Gainer Incumbent||57.5%||303,240|
|Election Results West Virginia Secretary of State Election Results Center.|
Comprehensive donor information for Gainer is available dating back to 2000. Based on available campaign finance records, Gainer raised a total of $217,118 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 7, 2013.
Gainer won re-election to the position of West Virginia Auditor in 2012. During that election cycle, Gainer raised a total of $85,165.
|West Virginia Auditor 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Glen Gainer's campaign in 2012|
|Peter A. Hendricks||$2,000|
|West Virginia Appalachian Laborers District Council||$2,000|
|West Virginia Federation of Teachers||$2,000|
|West Virginia AFL-CIO||$2,000|
|West Virginia Building and Construction Trades Council||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$85,165|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Glen Gainer's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Glen Gainer's Campaign Contributions|
West Virginia Auditor
West Virginia Auditor
West Virginia Auditor
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||-||$3,280 (Rep.)||-|
|Top 5 contributors||West Virginia Building and Construction Trades Council||$2,000||Joseph Folio||$2,000||Transfer from prior campaign 2000||$3,171|
|West Virginia Laborers District Council||$2,000||Chester Thompson||$2,000||Paul S. Mollohan||$2,000|
|Bernard J. Folio||$1,989||Bernard J Folio||$2,000||Donna Acord||$1,790|
|Tom Henderson||$1,000||West Virginia Education Association||$1,150||Chester Thompson||$1,000|
|Brad H Carmichael||$1,000||Fifth Third Bank Corp.||$1,000||Barnard Folio||$1,000|
Gainer and his wife, Susan, live in Parkersburg and have two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Glen + Gainer + West + Virginia + Auditor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Will Auditor Glen Gainer run for Congress? - Daily Mail - Charleston
- The citizens of W.Va. chose Charleston as the state capitol - The Logan Banner
- WV joining crackdown on timeshare fraud - State Journal
- Flagpole dedicated in honor of county clerk - Martinsburg Journal
- Contentious Berkeley County Roundhouse meeting ends abruptly - The Herald-Mail
- Port awaits auditor's report - Steubenville Herald Star
- Lien filed for Weirton port work - The Daily Times
- Kanawha County posts salaries online - West Virginia Record
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- West Virginia State Auditor
- Gainer's biography
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2000
|West Virginia State Auditor
| Succeeded by|