For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Illinois State Senate District 9|
|Bachelor's||University of Cincinnati|
Farkas's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Pension Reform
- Excerpt: "Everyone in the State now realizes that the promises delivered by politicians and union leaders over the last 25 years aren't worth the paper they were written on. Teachers, police, firefighters and other public workers are victims in this tragedy and need to be supported to the best extent possible. With approximately $40 billion dollars in pension assets and over $85 billion in unfunded liabilities, there will be no painless solutions for all parties involved."
- Excerpt: "Even with this expansion, the number of uninsured people in Illinois continued to grow, which suggests that rather than covering previously uninsured individuals Medicaid expansions have "crowded out" private sector insurance coverage. In other words, the Medicaid program has effectively transferred citizens from private insurance coverage to government insurance coverage while leaving the uninsured population largely unaffected."
- Property Taxes
- Excerpt: "In order to regain control from our local taxing authorities, taxpayers must do the following: 1) Remove home 'value' from the property tax calculation, 2) Further restrict the ability for local tax authorities to raise taxes, 3) Focus on annual school fees."
- Social Issues
- Excerpt: "I believe that Marriage represents a sacred bond between a man and a woman, and that the State has a vested interest in recognizing the importance of Marriage within our culture. ...My position on abortion is most closely related to supporters of Pro Choice. While I don't believe that anyone truly likes the prospect of abortion, I feel is it necessary to keep it legal and safe."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Farkas ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 9. He filed as a petition candidate after the Republican primary on March 20, 2012, and was defeated by current state representative Daniel Biss (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Daniel K. Biss||67%||69,064|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Glenn + Farkas + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.