Glenn J Wright
|Glenn J. Wright|
|Utah House of Representatives District 54|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Wright's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Full Expansion of Medicaid is a no brainer."
- Excerpt: "We must tighten air pollution standards, accelerate Tier 3 refining standards, encourage clean transportation and mass transportation and move from a carbon based energy economy to one with heavier reliance on renewables. Natural gas, in abundance in the Uintah basin, can be a vital bridge fuel, but only if exploited in the most environmentally sound manner. Better controls on emissions and fracking are necessary."
- Excerpt: "Quality Pre K education must be a cornerstone of our educational system."
- Excerpt: "Higher education must be attainable for all. The Goal for Utah to have 2/3 of its population to attain at least a 2 year degree by 2020 is laudable, but is doomed to be only a talking point unless we take concrete steps to prepare our high school students for college and make college affordable for all."
- Excerpt: "Every job should pay enough to lift a family out of poverty. A minimum wage that allows a family to save and build for the future and housing that does not so burden a household that advancement is impossible are critical to providing a base for the next generation to advance. A higher minimum wage also helps local businesses by providing more customers able to afford their products."
- Excerpt: "We should not be wasting state taxpayer money defending the indefensible in court. Marriage equality is inevitable in the U.S. We need to move on. The next task is to pass non-discrimination legislation for the entire state."
- Excerpt: "The legislature made great strides in passing immigration legislation. It must now pass a resolution ordering our Congressional Representatives to pass comprehensive immigration reform."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Glenn J. Wright was unopposed in the Democratic convention. Incumbent Kraig Powell defeated Wylder Smith in the Republican convention. Wright and Powell will face off in the general election.
Wright ran in the 2010 election for Utah House of Representatives District 53. Wright was defeated by Republican incumbent Melvin Brown in the general election on November 2, 2010. Wright was unopposed in the Democratic primary election on May 8, 2010.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 53 General Election (2010)|
|Melvin Brown (R)||6,905|
|Glenn J. Wright (D)||4,161|
|Clyde Beutler (C)||579|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Glenn + Wright + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives District 54
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Utah Democratic Party
- Glenn Wright on Facebook
- Glenn Wright on Twitter
- Glenn Wright on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Utah State Legislature