For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Glynn County, Georgia
- See also: Evaluation of Georgia county websites
This website was last evaluated in August 2014.
- The most current budget is listed. Budgets are archived for 10 years.
- Key administrative officials are listed for each department (personalized email addresses are provided, as are phone numbers and mailing addresses).
- Elected officials are listed with a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- Meeting minutes are archived through 1931. Meeting agendas are archived for eight years. A meeting calendar is available and names the times and locations of public meetings.
- The most recent audit is posted. Audits dating back to 2002 are available.
- Bids and RFPs are posted online. Approved contract statements are provided for vendors.
- Information regarding the public records request process is available.
- Local taxes, like property taxes, are available online. Residents are able to pay taxes online.
- The county discloses that it is a member of two taxpayer-funded lobbying organizations and provides the latest membership dues.
- Zoning ordinances are posted online. Permit applications are also available online.
- County Commission meetings and committee meetings are streamed live, and a video archive of past meetings is available.
- An Open Government / Transparency page provides a compilation of all related information.
The Board of Commissioners holds regular meetings on the first and third Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the Historic Courthouse, 701 G Street, Brunswick, Georgia. All meetings are open to the public. The Board of Commissioners may also hold such additional meetings as shall be necessary.
Commissioners serve staggered terms of four years and are elected by district.
|Michael Browning||Commissioner||District 1||12-31-16|
|Dale Provenzano||Commissioner||District 2||12-31-16|
|Richard Strickland||Commissioner||District 3||12-31-14|
|Mary Hunt||Commissioner||District 4||12-31-14|
|Allen Booker||Commissioner||District 5||12-31-16|
|County Administrator||Alan Ours|
|County Attorney||Aaron Mumford|
|Police Chief||Matthew Doering|
|County Clerk||Cindee Overstreet|
|Fire Chief||A.L. Thomas|
|Director, Parks & Recreation||Wesley Davis|
|Director, Public Works||David Austin|
|Director, Finance||Tonya Miller|
|Director, Community Development||David Hainley|
|Director, IT||John Catron|
|Director, HR||Orah Reed|
|Director, Property Appraisal||Ron Glisson|
- GlynnCounty.org, "County Budgets," accessed July 24, 2014
- GlynnCounty.org, "Directory," accessed July 24, 2014
- GlynnCounty.org, "Board of Commissioners," accessed July 24, 2014
- GlynnCounty.org, "Document Center," accessed July 24, 2014
- GlynnCounty.org, "Calendar," accessed July 24, 2014
- GlynnCounty.org, "CAFR and Audit Information," accessed July 24, 2014
- GlynnCounty.org, "Purchasing," accessed July 24, 2014
- GlynnCounty.org, "Open Government / Transparency," accessed July 24, 2014
- GlynnCounty.org, "Glynn County Tax Commissioner," accessed July 24, 2014
- GlynnCounty.org, "Community Development Online Portal," July 24, 2014
- GlynnCounty.org, "Watch County Commission & Mainland Planning Commission Meetings Online," accessed July 24, 2014