|Alabama House of Representatives District 48|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||President/CEO, Canfield Insurance|
Canfield is the President/Chief Executive Officer of Canfield Insurance and Financial Services Incorporated. He has also worked as South Central Regional Sales Manager for Emery Worldwide.
Canfield is Minister of Communion/Lector at Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church, Board Member of the Alabama Gymnastics Education Foundation at Mountain Brook Gymnastics, and liaison for Vestavia Hills Senior Citizens Association. He was a charter member of Civitans-Vestavia Hills.
Rep. Canfield commenting on the Rolling Reserve Budget Act
Canfield's answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. He did not reply when asked his top legislative priorities.
Canfield was appointed to these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Small Business and Labor
- Subcommittee on Regulations, Member
- Subcommittee on Services, Chair
- Jefferson County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Shelby County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
Canfield won re-election to the 48th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Canfield raised $127,868 for his campaign.
In 2010, Canfield raised $86,824 in contributions.
His three largest contributors were:
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$7,500|
|Alabama Wholesale Beer Association||$4,000|
|Alabama Retail Association||$2,750|
In 2006, Canfield collected $127,868 in donations.
Below are Canfield's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Farmers Federation||$11,662|
|Business Council of Alabama||$7,500|
|AL Assoc of Realtors||$6,000|
Canfield and his wife Denise have two children.
- Greg Canfield Homepage
- Alabama Legislature - Greg Canfield
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- blog.al.com Gov. Robert Bentley calls special election to fill two legislative seats, July 11, 2011
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Canfield
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Canfield Issue Positions
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
|Alabama House District 48
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|