was a Republican
candidate for District 28
of the Arizona State Senate
. The primary election
was on August 24, 2010, and the general election was on November 2, 2010
Krino earned his bachelor's degree in civil/environmental engineering from the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs in 1997. He served in the Air Force in active duty for the next 10 years, attaining the rank of Major. While in the Air Force, Krino earned his master's degree in international relations. He graduated from the University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law in 2010 with his J.D.
Krino has worked as a law clerk for the Arizona House of Representatives, the Secretary of the Air Force at the Pentagon, and the Criminal Division of the Pima County Attorney’s Office. He has also worked for Forever Verdant, LLC.
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2010
Krino was a write-in candidate and won the August 24 primary with no opposition. He was defeated by incumbent Democrat Paula Aboud in the November 2 general election.
| Arizona State Senate, District 28 General Election (2010)
| Paula Aboud (D)
| Greg Krino (R)
| Ted Downing (I)
| Dave Ewoldt (I)
- Excerpt: "A simple tax code, smart business and environmental regulations, and a market-oriented education system will attract business to Arizona."
- Excerpt: "Arizona must be fiscally conservative during periods of economic growth and during recessions."
- Excerpt: "Arizona should transition to a competitive, market-oriented education system, in which parental decisions are no longer controlled by the government."
- Excerpt: "Arizona should price water appropriately and require that people pay for the water that they use."
- Excerpt: "Arizona should not encourage or discourage any specific type of energy. All sources should have an equal chance of succeeding, whether they are nuclear, solar, wind, geothermal, bio, or carbon-based."
- Excerpt: "Arizona should apply the same flat tax to individuals and businesses, with a standard exemption at the poverty level."
- Excerpt: "The right to bear arms is fundamental to personal security and should be protected as such."
- Excerpt: "The government’s role in your life should be as limited and neutral as possible. Therefore, I am for marriage and religious equality."