|Delaware State Senate District 4|
|January 8, 2013-Present|
|Years in position||1|
|Minority Whip, Delaware State Senate|
|Per diem||$7,334 annual expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Delaware House of Representatives District 11|
|Bachelor's||University of Delaware|
|Master's||University of Pennsylvania|
|Profession||Managing director, Puglisi and Associates|
Lavelle is the managing director of Puglisi and Associates, and has previously worked as a financial consultant.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lavelle served on the following committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health & Social Services|
|• Legislative Council|
|• Permanent Rules|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lavelle served on these committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• House Administration|
|• House Rules|
|• Legislative Council|
|• Manufactured Housing|
|• Telecommunication Internet & Technology|
|• Transportation/Land Use and Infrastructure|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lavelle served on these committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Economic Development/Banking/Insurance/Commerce|
|• Housing & Community Affairs|
|• Manufactured Housing|
|• Revenue & Finance|
Lavelle's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 86 - "requires each State agency to post its checking account activity (other than payroll checks) on its website. It also requires pay and benefits to be posted by job title at the beginning of each fiscal year."
- HB 89 - "requires information concerning the distributions from the Delaware Strategic Fund to be posted on the Delaware Economic Development Office’s website"
- HB 90 - "requires the creation of a searchable budget database website to allow taxpayers to access details of how their tax dollars are being spent"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Delaware State Senate will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Sarah L. Buttner is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Gregory F. Lavelle is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Lavelle announced that he will not run for re-election. He is considering other options in 2012, but he will not face senior incumbent Deborah Hudson in a primary. The two incumbents would have had to face each other because of redistricting.
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2012
Lavelle ran in the 2012 election for Delaware State Senate District 4. Lavelle ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 11, 2012, and defeated incumbent Michael Katz (D) and Marcia Groff (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware State Senate, District 4, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Michael Katz Incumbent||47.5%||11,188|
| Delaware House of Representatives, District 11 |
2010 General election results
|Gregory Lavelle (R)||5,198||61.0%|
|Joshua Samuel Schoenberg (D)||3,318||39.0%|
On November 4, 2008, Lavelle won re-election to the Delaware House of Representatives from Delaware's 11th District. Lavelle received 6,731 votes in the election, defeating Charles Old (D), who received 3,895 votes. Lavelle raised $74,936 for his campaign; Old raised $2,150.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 11|
|Gregory Lavelle (R)||6,731||63.3%|
|Charles Old (D)||3,895||36.7%|
Comprehensive donor information for Lavelle is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Lavelle raised a total of $352,940 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 18, 2013.
|Gregory Lavelle's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Delaware State Senate, District 4||$165,105|
|2010||Delaware State House, District 11||$112,899|
|2008||Delaware State House, District 11||$74,936|
|Grand Total Raised||$352,940|
2012Lavelle won re-election to the Delaware State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Lavelle raised a total of $165,105.
|Delaware State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gregory Lavelle's campaign in 2012|
|New Castle County Chamber of Commerce||$1,000|
|Lavelle, Laura L||$600|
|Ralph G Degli Obizzi & Sons||$600|
|Total Raised in 2012||$165,105|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Lavelle raised $112,899 in contributions.
He contributed the most money to his campaign, $50,600.
Below are Lavelle's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Gregory Francis Lavelle||$15,000|
|Deborah L Copeland||$600|
|Wilmington Trust Co||$600|
|Alan B Levin||$600|
|William F Dalonzo||$600|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Lavelle is a member of the Board of Directors of the Delaware Council on Economic Education, and president of the Board of Directors for Girls Incorporated of Delaware.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Gregory + Lavelle + Delaware + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware State Senate
- Delaware Senate Committees
- Delaware State Senate District 4
- Delaware State Legislature
- Gregory Lavelle's personal website
- Delaware House of Representatives - Rep. Gregory Lavelle
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- Delaware Online, "Lavelle mulling Senate bid; Hudson staying put," October 14, 2011
- [WHYY, "Delaware House Minority Leader will not seek re-election, evaluates other options," December 8, 2011]
- Delaware State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
- Delaware Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
- Delaware Department of Elections, "Official Primary Results," accessed March 20, 2014
- Delaware Elections Division, "Official 2010 Election results," accessed March 20, 2014
- Delaware Elections Division, "Official 2008 Election results," accessed March 20, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Campaign contributions," accessed March 20, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Lavelle, Gregory," accessed September 18, 2013
- Follow The Money, "2010 Campaign contributions," accessed March 20, 2014
- Follow The Money, "2008 Campaign contributions," accessed March 20, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 21, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed March 20, 2014
Michael Katz (D)
|Delaware State Senate District 4
| Succeeded by|
|Delaware House District 11
| Succeeded by|
Jeffrey Spiegelman (R)