|Massachusetts Commissioner of Agriculture|
|April 2, 2012 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||April 2, 2012|
|Appointed by||Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs|
|Commissioner of Food and Agriculture|
|1990 - 1993|
Watson has long been involved in agricultural affairs. In 1978, he worked with community groups and farmers to set up a network of neighborhood-based farmers' markets in the Boston Metro area. Prior to his first appointment as Commissioner of Food and Agriculture in 1990, he served as the executive director of New Alchemy Institute, a research farm. Recently, he was involved as Senior Advisor for the Clean Energy Technology within the Executive Office of Environmental Affairs.
Massachusetts Commissioner of Agriculture (2012 - present)
Watson has served as Massachusetts Commissioner of Agriculture since his appointment in early 2012. This is the second time serving in this role, albeit during his first appointment, the position had a different title.
Watson has two children: Brooke and Travis.
251 Causeway Street, Suite 500
Boston, MA 02114
101 University Drive, Suite C4
Amherst, MA 01002
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Greg + Watson + Massachusetts + Agriculture"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources, "Commissioner Watson," accessed July 13, 2012
- Massachusetts Department of Agriculture's Official Website Greg Watson, accessed October 11, 2012
- Bioneers.org Greg Watson, accessed October 11, 2012
- Mass.gov Governor Patrick thanks Commissioner Soares for his service, swears-in Gregory Watson as new Commissioner of Agriculture, April 4, 2012
|Massachusetts Commissioner of Agriculture
| Succeeded by|